It seems like gas prices keep hiking up in Austin, TX, and it doesn't help that you constantly have to refuel. So is it your driving habits, your car, or the gasoline? What is hurting your wallet?
Well, it can be a combination of all three of those things. There are certain things you can do to help you extend the time between each fill-up. Here's what they are:
- Limit the use of AC or heating. The HVAC system is a massive part of your car that guzzles up your gasoline. Try to minimize the use of AC or heat whenever necessary.
- Limit the things you carry in your car. Items that weigh a ton are not ideal for long-time storage in your vehicle if you want to better your gas mileage. We highly urge you to start removing those unnecessary items from your trunk and backseat.
- Give your tires some love. There's a lot of tire services that you need to get done to keep your tires in good shape. To ensure you get the correct MPG, please ensure your tires are correctly inflated and evenly worn.
- Slow down. Driving at a slower, smoother pace can result in more savings. In other words, don't press too hard on your gas pedal and keep an eye out for your speed.
- Regular car maintenance. This is the utmost important takeaway you can take from this blog. To increase your miles per gallon and avoid wasting unnecessary gas, we suggest taking your vehicle into the shop for inspections regularly.
With gas prices going up, it is undeniably necessary to make the most out of your gas mileage in 2021. If you need help to ensure you get the best gas mileage from your vehicle, we invite you to bring your vehicle to the experts at Austin's Automotive Specialists today!